Lymphoma - B cell neoplasms
Plasma cell neoplasms - general
Reviewer: Nikhil Sangle, M.D., University of Utah and ARUP Laboratories (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 March 2011, last major update March 2011
Copyright: (c) 2001-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Various disorders characterized by monoclonal proliferation of immunoglobulin producing cells resembling lymphocytes or plasma cells
● Monoclonal immunoglobulin (Ig) is also referred to as “M” component or as a paraprotein
● Bence Jones proteins: free light chains without attached heavy chains
● Detect as monoclonal peak on serum or urine electrophoresis
WHO classification of plasma cell neoplasms (2008)
● Plasma cell myeloma
● Monoclonal immunoglobulin deposition diseases
● Monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS)
● Osteosclerotic myeloma (POEMS syndrome)
End of Lymphoma - B cell neoplasms > Plasma cell neoplasms - General
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).