- New employees need to be oriented to the laboratory and to the institution
- The immediate supervisor should first review the job description and the performance expectations with the new employee and inform them of any competency assessments which will be expected
- Must provide and arrange for:
- Personal Items
- Parking space
- Computer access
- Another seasoned employee to serve as “buddy” to introduce the new employee to the department and to the rest of the institution
- Institutional training, such as HIPAA, fire, safety, sexual harassment, etc.
- An Employee Handbook with institutional rules and regulations
End of Lab Administration > Personnel management > Orientation and training
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected]
with any questions (click here for other