Hyaline ring-like structures
Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 19 October 2013, last major update January 2004
Copyright: (c) 2004-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Also called pulse granuloma (pulse is edible seed of legumes)
- Associated with chronic periostitis
- May be a degenerative change in vessel walls from vasculitis or a reaction to legume parenchymatous cells at various stages of digestion
- Hyaline ring like structures, some containing granular necrotic material
- Surround giant cells, vessels and collagen, and are themselves surrounded by chronic inflammatory cells
End of Mandible-Maxilla > Inflammatory > Hyaline ring-like structures
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other