Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 16 March 2013, last major update December 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
End of Mediastinum > Miscellaneous > Grossing
- At least 1 section of tumor per cm of tumor diameter
- Tumor and adjacent tissue
- Tumor invading adjacent tissue
- Numerous sections of tumor capsule, particularly in areas of apparent disruption
- Areas with other pathologic findings
- Other organs or tissues
- References: policies and procedures for surgeons and pathologists regarding resection specimens of thymic malignancy (J Thorac Oncol 2011;6:S1730)
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected]
with any questions (click here for other