Other benign / low grade tumors
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 2 March 2013, last major update December 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Common, occur throughout mediastinum
● Often very large and located just above diaphragm
● Anterosuperior lipomas clinically resemble thymolipoma
● 41 year old man with fat necrosis
(Arch Bronconeumol 2008;44:641)
● 71 year old woman with 27 cm tumor (Kyobu Geka 2010;63:426)
● Case of spindle cell lipoma (J Thorac Imaging 2007;22:355)
Necrotic adipocytes (circle) and peripheral histiocytic reaction (arrow)
● Thymolipoma: thymic tissue present
End of Mediastinum > Other benign / low grade tumors > Lipoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).