Other benign / low grade tumors
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 2 March 2013, last major update December 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Diffuse accumulation of mature adipose tissue
● Associated with obesity, Cushing’s disease, steroid therapy and alcohol abuse
(J Assoc Physicians India 2001;49:1026)
● 9 month old boy with unusually complex chromosomal aberrations (Pediatr Dev Pathol 2009;12:469)
● 46 year old woman with mixed connective tissue disease treated with corticosteroids (Ann Dermatol Venereol 2006;133:257)
● 68 year old woman with morbid obesity and incidental finding (Cases J 2008;1:171)
58 year old man with asymptomatic lipomatosis and obesity
End of Mediastinum > Other benign / low grade tumors > Lipomatosis
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).