Meningocele - cystic
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 23 February 2013, last major update December 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Posterior mediastinum cysts in infants or children which communicate with meninges, usually through a defect in vertebral bodies
● Contain clear/amber cerebrospinal fluid
● Usually incidental finding identified prior to surgery
● Thick fibrous wall, lined by flattened arachnoid cells
● Variable neural tissue, calcification
End of Mediastinum > Cystic lesions > Meningocele - cystic
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).