Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Shackelford R. Considerations in microarray use. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/molecularpathmicroarrayconsiderations.html. Accessed April 21st, 2019.
Definition / general
- Researcher should ask if microarray technology is really necessary for a specific research application because:
- Microarray is time consuming and slow to setup, difficult to validate, expensive and requires great analytical expertise
- Microarray can give an enormous amount of irrelevant data
- Available chip may already have the desired set of gene sequences
- Multiplex PCR or a custom chip may be a better method of analysis than employing a genome wide array