Cite this page: Pernick, N. Nasal polyps. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/nasalpolyp.html. Accessed July 21st, 2018.
Definition / general
- Common; not neoplastic but may fill entire nasal cavity or extend into cranial cavity or orbit
- In children, must rule out cystic fibrosis
- Often recur due to persistence of causative factors
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Edematous lamina propria with variable inflammatory infiltrate including eosinophils
- Subtypes include angiectatic (angiomatous), cystic, edematous, fibrous, glandular