Table of ContentsDefinition / general | Radiology images | Case reports | Microscopic (histologic) images
Cite this page: Pernick N Metastases. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/oralcavitymetastases.html. Accessed August 19th, 2019.
Definition / general
- Often to gingiva or tongue
- Primary is often lung; also renal cell carcinoma, breast, melanoma, prostate, endometrium, colon
- 54 year old woman with metastatic lobular breast carcinoma to minor salivary gland of floor of mouth (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2000;124:157)
- 65 year old man with large mass in the floor of the mouth (Case of the Week #288)
- 78 year old woman with metastatic endometrial carcinoma to tongue (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1992;116:965)