Cite this page: Pernick N Head & Neck - TNM staging - mucosal melanoma. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/oralcavitystagingmucosalmelanoma.html. Accessed September 19th, 2019.
Definition / general
- This staging is appropriate for all Head and Neck sites. It is still PENDING for the AJCC 8th Edition.
Primary tumor (T)
- T3: mucosal disease
- T4a: moderately advanced local disease - tumor involving deep soft tissue, cartilage, bone or overlying skin
- T4b: very advanced local disease - tumor involving brain, dura, skull base, lower cranial nerves (IX, X, XI, XII), masticator space, carotid artery, prevertebral space or mediastinal structures
Regional lymph nodes (N)
- NX: regional lymph nodes cannot be assessed
- N0: no regional lymph node metastases
- N1: regional lymph node metastases present
Anatomic stage / prognostic groups
|IVA:||T4a||N0||M0||or||T3 - 4a||N1||M0
|IVC:||any T||any N||M1|
Back to top