Cite this page: Islam S Splenic gonadal fusion. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/ovarysplenicgonadal.html. Accessed July 19th, 2019.
Definition / general
- Congenital anomaly due to fusion of splenic and gonadal anlage during embryonic development
- Extremely rare (90 cases)
- More common in males (M:F = 9:1); often associated with skeletal anomalies or cryptorchidism
- Either continuous or discontinuous
- Continuous: cord-like structure connects the spleen and the gonadal - mesonephric structures
- Discontinuous: no such connection exists