Germ cell tumors
Reviewer: Shahrzad Ehdaivand, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 8 October 2013, last major update December 2012
Copyright: (c) 2002-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Similar to testicular embryonal carcinoma
- Median age 15 years, patients often present with precocious puberty, also vaginal bleeding, amenorrhea and hirsutism
- Serum hCG always high (positive pregnancy test), AFP sometimes high
- Median 17 cm, smooth and glistening, variegated cut surface with extensive hemorrhage and necrosis
- Sheets and nests of large primitive cells, occasional papillae and abortive glands
- Syncytiotrophoblast-like tumor cells seen (hCG+)
End of Ovary tumor > Germ cell tumors > Embryonal carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other