Features to report
Reviewer: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 24 November 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
Features to report (includes endocrine tumors)
● Tumor size
● Tumor location
● Histopathologic type
● Histologic grade (well, moderate, poor or undifferentiated; not necessary for endocrine tumors)
● Perineurial invasion
● Angiolymphatic invasion
● Margins (common bile duct, pancreatic duct, retroperitoneal margin [soft tissue adjacent to superior mesenteric artery], surgical margin)
● Endocrine tumors: mitotic activity, necrosis, pleomorphism, amyloid
● Involvement of adjacent structures
● Lymph nodes
● Presence of PanIN (including marginal involvement)
● Findings in remaining pancreas (pancreatitis, nesidioblastosis for endocrine tumors)
● References: Arch Pathol Lab Med 2000;124:30 (endocrine tumors)
End of Pancreas > Tumors > Features to report
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).