Reviewer: Monika Roychowdhury, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 29 January 2013, last major update January 2013
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Resistance of organs to PTH (Wikipedia-pseudohypoparathyroidism)
● Deficiency of Gs alpha protein or abnormalities in the level of the hormone receptor complex
● Associated with decreased cAMP response
● Also called Albright hereditary osteodystrophy (round facies, short stature, short metacarpal and metatarsal bones)
● Blunted response to second messenger
End of Parathyroid gland > Pseudohypoparathyroidism
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).