Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Roychowdhury M. Pseudohypoparathyroidism. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/parathyroidpseudo.html. Accessed May 27th, 2020.
Definition / general
- Resistance of organs to PTH (Wikipedia: Pseudohypoparathyroidism [Accessed 11 April 2018])
- Deficiency of Gs alpha protein or abnormalities in the level of the hormone receptor complex
- Associated with decreased cAMP response
- Also called Albright hereditary osteodystrophy (round facies, short stature, short metacarpal and metatarsal bones)
- Blunted response to second messenger