Cite this page: Chaux A, Cubilla AL. Accessory urethral canals. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/penscrotumaccessory.html. Accessed May 21st, 2019.
Definition / general
- Congenital birth defect of a second urethral canal, usually only a short, blind pouch rather than an actual duct
- Occurrences of 2 complete urethras extending from the bladder to the penis is very rare
- Secondary to entrapped urothelium during embryonic development
- May open near fossa navicularis, become inflamed and produce symptoms
- May be associated with mucous cysts