Penis and scrotum
Reviewer: Antonio Cubilla, M.D. and Alcides Chaux, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 24 June 2013, last major update May 2010
Copyright: (c) 2002-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Unusual and aggressive variant of penile carcinoma
- Sheets and nests of cells with large nuclei, prominent nucleoli, abundant cytoplasm with well-defined borders and mucin in 25% of cells
- Minor component of well-differentiated non-keratinizing squamous cell carcinoma
- Resembles similar tumor of cervix
Extensive glycogenation of squamous cells
Sheets/nests of cells with prominent mucin
- Adenosquamous carcinoma: areas of true glandular differentiation, mucin stains glandular but not squamous structures
End of Penis and scrotum > Other malignancies > Mucoepidermoid carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other