Penis and scrotum
Editor: Antonio Cubilla, M.D. and Alcides Chaux, M.D. (see Author/Reviewers page)
Revised: 16 May 2010, last major update May 2010
Copyright: (c) 2002-2010, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Unusual and aggressive variant of penile carcinoma
Micro description (Histopathology)
● Sheets and nests of cells with large nuclei, prominent nucleoli, abundant cytoplasm with well defined borders, mucin in 25% of cells
● Minor component of well-differentiated nonkeratinizing squamous cell carcinoma
● Resembles similar tumor of cervix
Sheets/nests of cells Mucicarmine stain
with prominent mucin
● Adenosquamous carcinoma: areas of true glandular differentiation, mucin stains glandular but not squamous structures
End of Penis and scrotum > Other malignancies > Mucoepidermoid carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must also be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).