Cite this page: Ziadie, M. Breus mole. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/placentabreus.html. Accessed October 16th, 2018.
Definition / general
- Massive subchorionic hematoma that can lead to diminished placental function and intrauterine death
- Sometimes identified on ultrasound (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1983;107:438)
- Chronic hemorrhage into the subchorionic space that is seen in both livebirths and missed abortions
- Nodular hematoma on fetal surface that bulges into the amnionic cavity and distorts the underlying parenchyma
- Overlying membranes may be discolored due to hemosiderin