Placental gross/microscopic abnormalities, non-neoplastic
Reviewers: Mandolin Ziadie, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 10 October 2011, last major update October 2011
Copyright: (c) 2003-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Enlarged, dysmorphic villi with scalloped outlines without associated trophoblastic hyperplasia
● Associated with chromosomal abnormalities including trisomies 18, 13, 21; triploidy; XO
Trisomy 18 infant with overlapping digits
● Enlarged, dysmorphic villi with scalloped outlines
● Trophoblastic invaginations may be present
● No/mild trophoblastic hyperplasia is seen
End of Placenta > Placental gross/microscopic abnormalities, non-neoplastic > Geographic villi
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).