Reviewers: Mandolin Ziadie, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 29 November 2011, last major update November 2011
Copyright: (c) 2003-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare; usually of maternal origin
● Maternal origin: 20 year old woman with anaplastic large cell lymphoma disseminated to placenta (Am J Surg Pathol 1997;21:1236)
● Fetal origin: 20 week stillborn with EBV associated B cell lymphoma (Am J Surg Pathol 1999;23:595)
● Maternal origin: tumor cells involve intervillous spaces, spare villi and fetal circulation
● Fetal origin: tumor cells within villi, sparing intervillous space; molecular studies are positive for EBER1 RNA if EBV associated
End of Placenta > Non-trophoblastic neoplasms > Lymphoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).