Table of ContentsDefinition / general | Etiology | Diagrams / tables | Gross description | Gross images
Cite this page: Ziadie, M. Placenta previa. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/placentaplacentaprevia.html. Accessed June 24th, 2018.
Definition / general
- Implantation of the placenta in the lower uterine segment, partially or completely occluding the internal os
- Important cause of late vaginal bleeding and emergent cesarean delivery
- Associated with a history of D&C, cesarean delivery and multiparity
- Marginal hematomas may be present
- In vaginal deliveries, point of membrane tear may be at the disc edge