Cite this page: Ziadie MS. Tenney Parker changes. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/placentatenneyparker.html. Accessed June 1st, 2020.
Definition / general
- Increased numbers of trophoblastic syncytial knots, often due to maternal hypertension or uteroplacental insufficiency
- Often seen in association with terminal villous hypoplasia
- Inadequate maternal perfusion (diabetes, hypertension)
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Increased syncytial knotting
- Changes of hypertension / preeclampsia / decidual vasculopathy may be present in the decidua