Allergic granulomatous prostatitis
Reviewers: Ali Amin, M.D., (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 5 January 2012, last major update January 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Very rare
● Reflects asthma or systemic allergic reaction
● Often associated with serum eosinophilia, systemic granulomas
● Multiple small, necrobiotic granulomas surrounded by numerous eosinophils
● Diffuse stromal eosinophils
● Post-TURP granulomas with eosinophils: absence of systemic manifestations, more irregular granulomas, eosinophils not diffuse
End of Prostate > Granulomatous prostatitis > Allergic granulomatous prostatitis
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).