Cite this page: Amyloid. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/prostateamyloid.html. Accessed October 26th, 2016.
Definition / General
- Primary amyloidosis of the prostate is a rare disease
- Vascular amyloid deposits are present in 2-10% of prostates with nodular hyperplasia or adenocarcinoma
- Higher incidence of amyloid deposits in patients with myeloma, primary amyloidosis of kidney or chronic diseases
- Amyloid usually subepithelial or vascular
- Note: corpora amylacea may stain nonspecifically for amyloid