Reviewers: Komal Arora, M.D., (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 22 March 2012, last major update March 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Very rare
● Predominently indolent, but some cases are highly aggressive (Am J Surg Pathol 2007;31:697)
● Resembles basaloid (cloacogenic) carcinoma of anal canal or upper aerodigestive tract
● Has desmoplastic stromal response, perineural invasion, necrosis, widespread infiltration into surrounding tissue
● Ki67 (Hum Pathol 1998;29:1447)
● Basal cell hyperplasia with or without prominent nucleoli: bcl2 and Ki67 negative
End of Prostate > Other carcinomas > Basaloid carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).