Reviewers: Komal Arora, M.D., (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 April 2012, last major update March 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Very rare - 28 cases reported through 2011 (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2011;135:799)
● Melanin in S100+ prostatic stroma, probably melanocytes (Am J Clin Pathol 1988;90:530)
● Glands may contain some pigment due to transfer from stromal melanocytes
● 66 year old man (Adv Clin Pathol 2002;6:135)
● Melanin present in mature melanosomes
End of Prostate > Benign lesions/conditions > Blue nevus
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).