Reviewers: Komal Arora, M.D., (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 26 March 2012, last major update March 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Very rare tumor of prostate
● Also called low grade neuroendocrine carcinoma
● May metastasize
● 7 year old boy (J Urol 1995;153:1080)
● 34 year old man (Int Urol Nephrol 2010;42:683)
● 61 year old man with primary carcinoid tumor of the verumontanum and a coexisting prostatic adenocarcinoma (J Med Case Reports 2010;4:16)
● 78 year old man with incidental 2 cm tumor with lymph node metastases at autopsy (Am J Surg Pathol 1984;8:545)
Primary carcinoid tumor of the verumontanum
End of Prostate > Other carcinomas > Carcinoid tumor
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).