Reviewers: Komal Arora, M.D., (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 26 June 2012, last major update June 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare tumor with cellular or sarcomatoid stroma and hyperplastic glands
● Resembles breast tumor
● Histological grading is predictive of short-term outcome based on the combination of stromal cellularity, cytological atypia, number of mitotic figures and the stroma-to-epithelium ratio (J Urol 2004;172:894)
● Usually recurs after transurethral prostatic resection
● 47 year old man (Pathol Int 2012;62:204)
● 60 year old man (J Oncol 2009;2009:241270)
● 67 year old man with malignant tumor (Pathol Int 2002;52:777)
● Malignant tumor (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1992;116:296)
● Large benign tumor (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1992;116:195)
Multiple solid and cystic areas
End of Prostate > Other malignancies > Phyllodes tumor
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).