Reviewers: Komal Arora, M.D., (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 21 July 2012, last major update July 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
See also Cystadenoma
● Present as masses between rectum and base of bladder in men in 20ís to 40's (Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 2012;92:982)
● Usually unilateral, unilocular and resemble dilated seminal vesicles
● Congenital cysts are associated with ipsilateral renal agenesis, ureteral abnormalities, oligospermia
● Acquired cysts associated with obstruction secondary to chronic prostatitis
● 23 year old with echinococcal cyst (Urol Ann 2012;4:122)
● 45 year old man with 17 cm cyst (Int J Surg Case Rep 2012;3:375)
Laparascopic view of enlarged cyst
17 cm cyst
End of Prostate > Seminal vesicles > Cysts
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).