Mullerian adenosarcoma like tumor
Reviewers: Komal Arora, M.D., (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 29 July 2012, last major update July 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● 35 year old man with recurrent tumor (Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2010;53:342)
● 49 year old man whose tumor adhered to prostate and rectum, disease free after cystoprostatectomy (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1992;116:1072)
● Highly cellular stroma with spindle-shaped pleomorphic cells suggestive of low grade sarcoma
● Also dilated cystic spaces lined by columnar epithelia
● Vimentin, desmin, muscle-specific actin
● Smooth muscle differentiation
End of Prostate > Seminal vesicles > Mullerian adenosarcoma like tumor
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).