Reviewers: Komal Arora, M.D., (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 21 June 2012, last major update June 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
See also Soft Tissue Tumor chapter
● 37 year old man with monophasic tumor (Am J Surg Pathol 1999;23:220)
Heterogeneously grey white tumor
● Uniform spindle and oval cells forming interlacing fascicles resembling fibrosarcoma
● Focally the compact fascicles of tumor cells alternate with hypocellular myxoid tissue resembling peripheral nerve sheath tumors, focal pericytomatous pattern of polygonal cells arranged around dilated, thin-walled blood vessels
● Vimentin (most cells), EMA (focal)
● S100, keratin, neuron-specific enolase, CD34, desmin, muscle-specific actin, alpha-smooth muscle actin
● t(X;18)(p11.2;q11.2) (Int J Surg Pathol 2008;16:329)
End of Prostate > Other malignancies > Synovial sarcoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).