Cite this page: Aly FZ Adenomatoid hyperplasia of minor salivary glands. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/salivaryglandsadenomatoidhyperplasia.html. Accessed September 17th, 2019.
Definition / general
- Presents as submucosal nodule or mass; may be hyperplastic or hamartomatous in nature
- Usually hard palate, also retromolar but may occur anywhere in the oral cavity
- Called sialadenosis in major salivary glands
- Etiology unknown; in major salivary glands, sialadenosis is associated with metabolic conditions
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Coalescing lobules of normal mucinous acini