Epithelial / myoepithelial tumors
Clear cell tumors
Reviewer: Adriana Handra-Luca, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 23 January 2013, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Mean age 72 years, range 30-88 years, no gender predominance
● Includes clear cell carcinoma, clear cell epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma, clear cell myoepithelial carcinoma, sebaceous carcinoma
● Also clear cell variants of acinic cell carcinoma, oncocytoma and mucoepidermoid carcinoma
● Also metastatic renal cell carcinoma or balloon cell melanoma
● Treatment: excision with negative margins (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2002;126:676)
● Keratin, vimentin (Acta Pathol Jpn 1988;38:445)
End of Salivary glands > Epithelial / myoepithelial tumors > Clear cell tumors
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).