Cite this page: Pernick N. Ductal papillomas. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/salivaryglandsductalpapillomas.html. Accessed May 24th, 2020.
- Benign tumor of minor salivary glands, parotid which resembles inverted papilloma of nasal cavity
- Derives from proximal salivary gland excretory duct (Cancer 1982;49:519)
- Usually adults (Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2001;92:68), no gender preference
- 49 year old man with inverted ductal papilloma in buccal mucosa of mandible (Pathol Int 2006;56:457)
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Inverted ductal papilloma: complex invaginations of well differentiated squamous or basaloid epithelium with microcysts, mucous cells including goblet cells, columnar lining cells