Cite this page: Lymphoid hyperplasia . PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/salivaryglandslymphoidhyperplasia.html. Accessed December 6th, 2016.
Definition / General
- Lymphoid rich lesions of salivary glands include reactive and neoplastic conditions
- These lesions contain lymphocytes which are integral to or a major component of the pathological condition
- In general, the non-neoplastic lesions are characterized by relative preservation of the lobular outline of the gland, predominance of T cells and hyperplasia of the ductal basal cells that lack myoepithelial cells
- Epithelial islands may be infiltrated by B cells
- The benign conditions associated with lymphoid hyperplasia include: