Cite this page: Poikiloderma atrophicans vasculare. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/skinnontumorpoikatrophicans.html. Accessed October 22nd, 2016.
Definition / General
- Circumscribed violaceous erythema with associated telangiectasia, hypopigmentation and superficial atrophy
- Occurs in posterior shoulders, back, buttocks, V shaped area of the anterior neck and chest
- Often a late finding in dermatomyositis
- Also the atrophic form of the patch stage of myocosis fungoides
- Also called poikilodermatomyositis, large plaque parapsoriasis
- Violaceous to deep red lesions