Cite this page: Active Nevus. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/skintumormelanocyticactivenevus.html. Accessed December 12th, 2017.
- "Active nevus" terminology is no longer used
- Comments below are for historical purposes only
- Common before age 20 years (Arch Dermatol 1983;119:35)
- Solitary, small, very dark and papular nevus with prominent junctional component, melanocytic hyperplasia and intraepidermal melanin
- Often increased cellularity, dermal inflammation, prominent nucleoli and occasional mitotic figures
- Benign behavior