Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors
Other tumors of skin
Connective tissue nevus
Reviewer: Christopher Hale, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 19 September 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare connective tissue hamartoma derived from cells of mesodermal origin
● May be syndromic (Proteus syndrome, tuberous sclerosis, others) or isolated (collagenoma)
● 8 year old girl with connective tissue nevus with zosteriform distribution
(Pediatr Dermatol 2007;24:557)
● 8 year old boy with linear connective tissue nevus (Pediatr Dermatol 2007;24:439)
● 25 year old man with 40 nodules/papules distributed in zosteriform pattern (Am J Dermatopathol 2007;29:303)
End of Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors > Other tumors of skin > Connective tissue nevus
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).