Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors
Other tumors of skin
Reviewer: Christopher Hale, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 14 September 2012, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Initially described in skin in 1990 (Am J Surg Pathol 1990;14:764)
● Not a well-defined entity - controversial if it represents an inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor
● 26 year old Korean man (Ann Dermatol 2010;22:91)
Brown palpable indurated nodule with rough surface on upper back
● Small, deep dermal nodule
● Central fibrosis and hyalinized vascular center with plasma cells and lymphoid follicles
● Usually spares epidermis
End of Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors > Other tumors of skin > Inflammatory pseudotumor
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).