Cite this page: Lymphangioma. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/skintumornonmelanocyticlymphangioma.html. Accessed October 25th, 2016.
Definition / General
- Usually infants or children age 5 years or less
- Neck, axilla, breast, chest, buttock, thigh
- Either superficial (lymphangioma circumscriptum, associated with surgery or radiotherapy for breast carcinoma), cystic (cystic hygroma) or deep (lymphangioma cavernosum)
- Excision, but 25% recur
- Grouped translucent papules with thin vascular lumina that impinge on epidermis
- Often deep remnants in subcutaneous tissue