Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors
Other tumors of skin
Reviewer: Christopher Hale, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 18 September 2012, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Nodule of scalp or vertebral axis
● May represent erosion of primary CNS lesion through cranial vault or origin from ectopic arachnoid cells in the skin (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2012;136:208)
● 77 year old man (Br J Plast Surg 1998;51:402)
● Vimentin (strong), EMA (70%)
● PR (30%, usually women, tumor may grow during pregnancy), focal actin in 20% (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1996;120:267)
● S100, cytokeratin, CEA, CD31, CD34
End of Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors > Other tumors of skin > Meningioma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).