Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors
Adnexal tumors - eccrine sweat glands
Reviewer: Christopher Hale, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 4 July 2012, last major update June 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Also called adenocystic carcinoma
● Scalp of elderly patients
● Caucasian > Black > Asian
● 50 year old woman with gluteal mass (Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2009;52:225)
● 58 year old Jamaican man with mass on left cheek (Dermatol Surg 2011;37:1192)
● Slow growing, solitary, asymptomatic, flesh colored nodule with a slightly translucent surface
● Resembles mammary colloid carcinoma with lakes of mucin containing small tumor cell clusters
● May also have an infiltrating ductal pattern
● Primary skin tumors: 100% CK7+, 40% showed rare p63+ cells, 20% had focal CK5/6+
● Metastatic breast mucinous carcinoma: CK7+, 60% are p63+, otherwise negative (J Cutan Pathol 2010;37:411)
● Metastatic colonic mucinous carcinoma: CK20+
End of Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors > Adnexal tumors - eccrine sweat glands > Mucinous carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).