Cite this page: Hale CS. Neurofibroma. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/skintumornonmelanocyticneurofibroma.html. Accessed April 19th, 2019.
Definition / general
- Benign mesenchymal tumor with nerve sheath differentiation
- Similar to counterparts elsewhere
- Dermal tumors may cause proliferation of entrapped sweat glands or folliculosebaceous structures
- Diffuse variant involves scalp as a thick plaque
- Localized or diffuse, intraneural, myxoid, pigmented, plexiform