Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors
Other tumors of skin
Reviewer: Christopher Hale, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 18 September 2012, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Benign mesenchymal tumor with nerve sheath differentiation
● Similar to counterparts elsewhere
● Dermal tumors may cause proliferation of entrapped sweat glands or folliculosebaceous structures
● Diffuse variant involves scalp as a thick plaque
● Localized or diffuse, intraneural, myxoid, pigmented, plexiform
● Keratin, smooth muscle actin, desmin, calponin, caldesmon, EMA, p53
End of Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors > Other tumors of skin > Neurofibroma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).