Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors
Adnexal tumors - eccrine sweat glands
Papillary eccrine adenoma
Reviewer: Christopher Hale, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 4 July 2012, last major update June 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Usually distal extremities of blacks
● Recur locally, donít metastasize
● 28 year old man with a solitary mildly tender nodule on right hand
(Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2004;70:370)
● Eccrine duct-like structures, often dilated and with intraluminal papillomatosis
Electron macroscopy description
● Differentiation towards secretory epithelium of sweat glands
● Low grade eccrine carcinoma
● Aggressive digital papillary adenoma
● Syringocystadenoma papilliferum
● Hidradenoma papilliferum
● Tubular apocrine adenoma
End of Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors > Adnexal tumors - eccrine sweat glands > Papillary eccrine adenoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).