Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors
Other tumors of skin
Sinus histiocytosis with massive lymphadenopathy
Reviewer: Christopher Hale, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 18 September 2012, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Very rare disorder, usually prominent cervical lymphadenopathy, but may involve skin
● Also called Rosai-Dorfman disease
● 65 year old man with lip nodule (Dermatol Online J 2006;12:8)
● 82 year old woman treated with Acitretin (J Clin Aesthet Dermatol 2010;3:34)
● Infiltration by sheets of large histiocytes with granular eosinophilic cytoplasm, large, round and vesicular nuclei, prominent nucleoli, and accompanied by plasma cells and lymphocytes, emperipolesis (histiocytes with intracytoplasmic lymphocytes)
End of Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors > Other tumors of skin > Sinus histiocytosis with massive lymphadenopathy
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).