Cite this page: Striated muscle hamartoma. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/skintumornonmelanocyticstriatedmusclehamartoma.html. Accessed March 23rd, 2017.
Definition / General
- Also called rhabdomyosarcomatous mesenchymal hamartoma
- Benign process in infants, usually on chin or near ala of nose
- May be associated with other congenital anomalies
- May be multiple
- Central core has bundles of individual skeletal muscle fibers
- Also other mesenchymal elements