Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors
Adnexal tumors-hair follicles
Reviewer: Christopher Hale, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 5 July 2012, last major update June 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Solitary and nodular, may have multiple fine hairs protruding
● Highly organoid hamartomatous lesions that recapitulate various phases of normal hair follicle
● Have central dilated follicle surrounded by proliferating epithelium with various phases of follicle formation
● Often Merkel cells present
● Dilated pore of Winer
● Folliculosebaceous hamartoma
● Pilar sheath acanthoma
● Nevus comedonicus
End of Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors > Adnexal tumors-hair follicles > Trichofolliculoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).