Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors
Reviewer: Christopher Hale, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 19 August 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Also called angioleiomyoma
● Single, painful, deep-seated nodule
● Sharply circumscribed nodule of dermis or subcutis
● Solid or vascular
● Related to glomus tumors, but tumor cells are spindled and smooth muscle bundles are ill-defined
● Rarely arises in vessels
● Smooth muscle actin, desmin
End of Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors > Vascular tumors > Vascular leiomyoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).