Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors
Adnexal tumors-hair follicles
Reviewer: Christopher Hale, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 5 July 2012, last major update June 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Also called isolated follicular keratosis
● Small maculopapular lesion of sun-exposed skin of head/neck
● Either follicular counterpart of actinic keratosis or a follicular neoplasm
● Not related to Darierís disease
● 47 year old man with scalp nodule
(Ann Dermatol 2011;23:98)
A solitary, well-defined, erythematous, hairless nodule with a hyperkeratotic plug on the left parietal scalp
● Solitary, well-defined nodule
● Cup-shaped keratin-filled invagination
● Acanthotic epidermis with acantholytic dyskeratotic cells
● Suprabasilar clefting with villi projecting into clefts
● Darier disease
● Grover disease
● Acantholytic squamous cell carcinoma
● Basal cell carcinoma
● Actinic keratosis
End of Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors > Adnexal tumors-hair follicles > Warty dyskeratoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).