Small bowel (small intestine)
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 December 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Defect of collagen synthesis, commonly causes hyperelasticity of skin and joints
● May cause spontaneous intestinal perforation and hemorrhage
● Perforations are most common in recto-sigmoid, small bowel perforations (normal or diverticulae) are less common
● Colonic perforation may be associated with abnormal myogenic activity and
● 53 year old woman with occult perforation of distal ileum (Cases J 2010;3:57)
: Occult small bowel perforation in patient with Ehlers Danlos syndrome
End of Small bowel (small intestine) > Congenital anomalies > Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).